You can go anywhere in the world, eat whatever you want, but nothing will feel divine until it has your mom’s magical touch. That’s the power of mom-made food.
Weekend Special : 3 slices of bread, one carrot, 2 florets of cauliflower etc . But this is all or the like is just enough to make a wonderful breakfast / evening snack in 10 minutes.
1. Bread slices / Buns – 2 – 3
2. Choice of vegetables ( carrot/ cauliflower/ capsicum/ peas/ Beans/ Potatoes ) – 1 small / medium bowl – Roughly Chopped.
3. Onion – 1/2 – 1 – Sliced
3. Oil – 2 tbs
4. Turmeric Powder – 1 tbs
5. Cumin Seeds / Mustard Seeds – 1 tbs.
6. Salt – 2 tps / to taste.
1. Lemon Juice – 2 tbsp
2. Peanuts – 5-7 seeds
3. Papri – boken handful.
1. Take oil in the pan and heat it on medium-high flame. Add turmeric and cumin / mustard seeds to it.
2. When the seeds begin to crackle , add all the vegetables to it. Sprinkle some water on the vegetables and add salt. Mix well and cover it. Let the veggies cook for about 2-3 minutes. Salt added here should be able to cover for onions and bread that would added later.
3. Take double roti / bread slices and sprinkle some cold water on them, just enough to make them slightly moist. Please do not soak / wash the slices. Gently break these moist slices into odd sized pieces and spread them on a plate.
4. Once the veggies are partially cooked , add sliced onions to them and sauté contents of the pan and again cover for other 2-3 minutes. Adding onions at this stage would keep their flavour intact as veggies take longer to cook than onions.
5. Once veggies are cooked, turn the heat off. Add bread pieces to them and gently mix everything and cover the pan for 1 more minute. This will synchronize the aroma of the ingredients.
Garnish your dish with coriander leaves , Now Poha is ready to be served with tea / coffee !