Fadnavis not specter by Shiv Sena’s threat, says govt will complete 5 years

0
405

Amid tensions in the BJP-Shiv Sena alliance, Maharashtra chief minister Devendra Fadnavis on Saturday ruled out any threat to his govt, asserting that Shiv Sena will not walk out and his System will complete full five years term.

The Chief Minister, at the same time, asserted that that the BJP-led Government in Maharashtra, which completed a year in office today, will last the five-year term, and downplayed the “bickering” with ally Shiv Sena saying it is bound to happen in a “coalition”.

Fadnavis said there is no situation where Uddhav Thackeray-led Shiv Sena and BJP have to part ways.

“I am 100% sure. I don’t think the Sena will walk out. Our government will run for five years,” Fadnavis told Rajat Shamra in Aap Ki Adalat.

His comments come in wake of the rising tensions between the two allies with Shiv Sena forcing the cancellation of Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali’s concert in Mumbai.

The ink-attack by Shiv Sainiks on ORF’s Sudheendra Kulkarni for hosting a book-launch event of former Pakistan Foreign Minister Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri added to the bitterness between the two allies as Fadnavis slammed the coalition partner for the act and provided security to ensure that event goes well, a move that irked the Sena.

On demand by Opposition to ban right wing outfit Sanatan Sanstha after its activist was arrested in connection with Govind Pansare murder, Fadnavis said, “We will certainly ban it if credible and required evidence is found against the organisation.”

“We are two separate parties and there’s a difference between their thinking and working style. We fought against each other in last year’s Assembly polls but the mandate we got was against Congress-NCP,” Fadnavis said but not before adding, “had we got 20-22 seats more, we would have been the only party in power.”

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY