Vegetables of all kinds of paneer, like most people, but the shahi paneer are very tasty vegetable, is the pride of every party,shahi cheese vegetable or a special day for you and make your guests. shahi paneer is very easy to make vegetable.
Paneer – 14oz block (home-made or store bought), cubed
Oil – 3 tbsp
Onions – 2 small, finely copped
Tomato Sauce – 1, 8oz can
Garlic – 3 cloves, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 tbsp, grated
Green Chili – to taste, finely chopped
Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 2 tsp
Garam Masala – 2 tsp
Cashew Pieces – ¾ cup
Milk- 1 cup
Water – 1 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Cilantro – 5 sprigs, finely chopped for garnishing
1. Soak cashews in milk for about 15 min or until ready to use.
2. Heat 2 tbsp Oil in a medium size non-stick wok on medium to high heat.
3. Add Onions and fry until they start to dry out.
4. Add Ginger, Garlic and Green Chili and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add Tomato Sauce, stir well and cook until oil separates..
6. While Onions/Tomato Sauce is cooking, blend soaked Cashews and Milk in a blender until smooth.
7. Once Onion/Tomato mixture is ready, add Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder and GaramMasala – mix well.
8. Add Cashew and Milk mixture and mix well. There should be no lumps in the gravy.
9. Add Water, Salt and Sugar and bring to boil.
10. While waiting for the gravy to boil, sauté cubed Paneer in 1 tbsp oil, on medium to high heat in a non-stick pan.
11. Once Paneer is light gold/brown in color, take it out on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
12. Once gravy comes to a boil, add in Paneer and mix.
13. Garnish with fresh cilantro or with additional broken cashews.
14. Serves 6.