We Indians love spicy food. Now Chilli paneer is relished by almost everyone, irrespective of whether you are a vegetarian or non vegetarian. The soft pieces of the Indian cottage cheese is cooked in a delicious sauce which makes you drool over the dish.
Salt-as per taste
Black pepper powder- ½ tsp
Garlic- 5 cloves (crushed)
Onions- 2 (sliced)
Capsicum- 2 (diced)
Green chillies- 4 (slit)
Vegetable stock- ½ cup
Soy sauce- 2tbsp
Chilli sauce- 1tbsp
Tomato sauce- 1tbsp
Ajinomoto- a pinch
1. Mix one tablespoon of cornflour with salt, black pepper and a little water to make a thick paste.
2. Heat oil for deep frying in a pan.
3. Dip the paneer pieces into this cornflour mixture and fry it in the oil till it turns golden brown in colour.
4. Transfer the fried paneer pieces on a kitchen towel and keep it aside.
5. Heat two tablespoon of oil in a pan and add the crushed garlic to it. Fry for a few seconds.
6. Then add the onions and capsicums to the pan and fry on medium flame till they turn golden brown.
7. Add the slit green chillies, vegetable stock and salt to the pan and bring it to a boil.
8. Then add the ajinomoto, soy sauce, tomato sauce, chilli sauce and stir for 3-4 minutes.
9. Mix one tablespoon of cornflour in ¼ cup of water and pour it in the pan. Mix well.
10. Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium flame and allow the water to dry up.
11. Now add the paneer pieces to it and mix well.
12. Once done, switch off the flame and serve. Hot and spicy chilli paneer is ready to be served.