3 Die After heave Toxic Gas in West Bengal’s South 24 Parganas District

0
357

Kolkata:  Three workers reportedly died and two others were taken ill today after heave poisonous gas that leaked from a drainage line in West Bengal’s South 24 Parganas district, the police said.

The incident become at the Kolkata Leather Complex when five workers were cleaning a drainage line of a tannery.

“The gas had collected somehow and when they were cleaning the drain, it escaped. Three workers have been killed and two others have been hospitalised,” Additional Superintendent of Police (East Zone) Arijit Sinha said.

The incident led to other workers staging display, demanding monetary compensation for the victims’ kin.

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY