GRILLED PROTOBELLO AND GOAT CHEESE SANDWICH
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 4 and seeded
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 4 and seeded
- 1 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 4 portobello mushroom caps
- 4 2 – ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 4 ounces Kaiser rolls, cut in half horizontally
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- cooking spray
- Heat grill to medium-high, spray with cooking spray or line rack with foil.
- Combine the next seven ingredients vinegar through portobellos in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper to taste and toss with hands to coat vegetables evenly. Place vegetables on grill, reserving excess vinegar mixture. Flip zucchini after 3 mints and cook for another minute. Remove to cool. Flip remaining vegetables after 5 mints and drizzle with remaining marinade. Cook another 4 minutes or until tender. Remove from grill and cut peppers and zucchini into bite-sized pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine goat cheese and milk and stir until cheese is thinned and smooth. Spread 1/4 of the goat cheese mixture on each of the rolls and then layer on one mushroom, the rest of the vegetables and 1/4 of the herbs.
- Don’t have exactly these vegetables in the fridge? No matter. This sandwich is great with the portobellos and virtually any other grill-friendly veggies you have on hand you can try asparagus, green beans or corn.
JACKET POTATO WITH APPLE COLESLAW
- 4 (x 275g each) Sebago potatoes
- 2/3 cup Vaalia Probiotic Yoghurt Natural
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 250g cabbage (red and green), finely shredded
- 1 pink lady apple, unpeeled, cut into matchsticks
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
Preheat oven to 220C or 200C fan-force. Prick potatoes with fork and wrap individually in foil. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, combine yoghurt, mustard and vinegar in a large bowl. Add cabbage, apple and onion. Season and toss to coat.
Serve potatoes with apple coleslaw. Sprinkle with walnuts.
BARLEY & RAW VEG POWER SALAD
- 150g (2/3 cup) pearl barley
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 250g cauliflower florets
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 2 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 280g mixed carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- 50g (1/3 cup) dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup fresh mint (firmly packed), chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves (firmly packed), chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 200g Lemnos Reduced Fat Fetta, quartered
- Extra virgin olive oil, extra, to drizzle
- Fresh mint, extra, to serve
- Coriander leaves, extra, to serve
Place barley in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Drain. Refresh under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towel. Place in a bowl.
Holding each orange over a bowl to catch any juice, cut along either side of the white membranes to remove orange segments. Reserve juice. Combine orange juice, lemon juice, oil and maple syrup in a bowl and season.
Process cauliflower until finely chopped. Add cauliflower and zucchini to juice mixture. Set aside for 5 minutes to develop the flavours.
Add orange segments, lemon rind, celery, shallot, carrot, cranberries, zucchini mixture and 3/4 of the herbs to the barley. Season. Toss to combine. Divide among bowls. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Top with feta. Sprinkle with remaining herbs. Drizzle with extra oil and sprinkle with extra herbs.
- 1 Mission Garden Spinach & Herb Wrap
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese spread
- 1/4 red capsicum, chopped
- 1/4 yellow capsicum, chopped
- 50g rare roast beef
- 1/2 tomato, sliced, along the centre
- Spread 1 Mission Garden Spinach & Herb Wrap with 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese spread. Place 1/4 red capsicum, chopped; 1/4 yellow capsicum, chopped; 50g rare roast beef; and 1/2 tomato, sliced, along the centre. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon mild salsa. Roll up to enclose. Cut in half.
TUNA, LEEK & PUMPKIN QUICHE
- 2 sheets ready-rolled shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 200g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium leek, trimmed, halved, washed, sliced
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 425g can tuna in springwater, drained, flaked
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
Place a large baking tray in the oven. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Line base and sides of a 5cm-deep, 25cm (base) round, fluted, loose-based flan tin with pastry. Trim excess pastry. Place tin in freezer for 20 minutes or until frozen.
Place tin on heated baking tray. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pastry is light golden. Remove from oven. Reduce temperature to 180°C/160°C fan-forced.
Combine pumpkin and half the oil on a baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender. Set aside. Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook leek for 5 minutes or until tender.
Arrange pumpkin, leek, peas and tuna over pastry. Using a fork, beat eggs, sour cream and salt and pepper in a jug. Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until just set. Serve.