A beautiful smile not only wins the hearts of other but also To more your self esteem as well as self confidence. You can not obtain stunning smile without light and pink lips. Dry and chapped lips are not only embarrassing and unattractive but also cause pain. Just like skin care, Lips also require specific attention. Lips get dry easily compared to skin because they don’t produce oil to keep it moisturized and soft. In the low moisture, dry wind and winter season, lips get easily dry and chapped.
Cause Dry Lips:
The most common symptom of dry lips is feeling of dryness and pain in the lips. Bleeding, peeling of lip outermost layer, reddishness and desire to frequent licking of lip are other symptoms of dry lips.
Home Remedies For Dry Lips:
There are many basic home remedies available for dry, inelastic and chapped lips. Here, are some common natural tips for dry lips that you can follow.
- Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated. Keeping your body hydrated is most crucial for dry skin as well as dry lips.
- You can apply petroleum jelly or lip balm over your lips to keep it smooth and hydrated.
- Applying Ghee or Butter over lips not only make lips soft and smooth but also give relief from the pain caused by cracked lips.
- You can apply milk cream over your lips. It is effective in removing dead dry cells from lips, and makes them smooth and soft.
- Aloe Vera gel is beneficial in all kind of skin problems. You can apply Aloe-Vera gel over your lips.
- Include food containing Vitamin A in your daily diet as the deficiency of Vitamin A causes cracked lips.
- You can apply glycerin over dry lips to make it smooth. Adding few drops of honey in glycerin and applying this mixture overnight on your lips is highly effective home remedy for making the lips smooth and soft.
- Cucumber slice are also effective in treatment of dry lips. Rub freshly cut cucumber slice over your lips. It will cure dry and chapped lips.
- Castor oil can also be applied on dry lips.
- Squash few rose petals and mix it in glycerin. Apply this paste over lips. It will help in maintaining the color and moisture of lips.
These are few easy home remedies that you can apply to get rid of dry lips.