Most beautiful ‘fruits’ found in nature, the strawberry, with its plump red countenance, and critical texture, is probably disliked by people. But what’s even more interesting is that the strawberry isn’t even a fruit, but a receptacle of the plant’s flower. And those black dots on it that are often confused for seeds, are called achenes, and they are what form the actual fruit. What we end up eating is just the Incidental tissue!
First find out in Rome, the garden variety of strawberries date back to the late 18th century in France, where it was think to be an aphrodisiac. Since then, it has become one of the most famous berry fruits across the world. It’s no mystery that the tasty heart-shaped strawberry is not only good for your taste buds, but also for your health. filled with vitamins, fiber, antioxidants such as polyphenols, strawberries contain little or no fat, zero cholesterol, and is free of sodium. A super food by right, it’s also a good source of potassium and manganese. And by the way, eight strawberries have more vitamin C than one orange!
1. Immunity Booster: Humans are unable of producing Vitamin C naturally, and therefore it’s important for us to turn to outer sources. About a cup of strawberries a day gives us our daily need of Vitamin C, which in return boosts our immunity, and works as a gifted antioxidant. The vitamin C in strawberries also helps in the strengthening of the eye’s cornea and retina.
2. Fights Cancer: Ellagic acid, found in strawberries, is known to control the development of cancer cells. They also contain the antioxidants lutein and zeathancins that fight free radicals and decrease their ill impact on our system.
3. Helps in Skin Improvement: Give Vitamin C some more credit, as they help in the making of collagen in our body that put to the skin’s elasticity.
4. Fights cholesterol: Ellagic acid and flavonoids in strawberries save our hearts from bad cholesterol. Of course, it won’t get overnight, and you have to take them regularly.
5. It is anti-inflammatory: For those who are prone to arthritis, say genetically, can gain from eating strawberries. The antioxidants and phytochemical in this berry fruit helps in the decrease of inflammation of the joints.
6. Put Blood Pressure in Check: Potassium found in strawberries is known to decrease, high blood pressure, by balancing the impact of sodium in our system. In fact, this is one of the reasons why strawberries are think to be really good for the heart!
7. Rich in fiber: A well balanced percentage of fiber in our diet is most essential. And strawberries can give you that. It not only regulates digestion but can also help in controlling type 2 diabetes, since fiber helps the blood to absorb sugar. However, if you are diabetic, remember that you need to consume regulated dose of strawberries – don’t go overboard with them.
8. Great for Diet: Dietitians ever recommended fruits and vegetables to their patients. Put strawberries on that list because the compound nitrate in them helps our blood flow and supply oxygen in the body, which in return help your weight loss plans to a good extent.